- Aug 16, 2018 -
Compared with other processing methods for preparing composite film layers:
1. Low preparation temperature
(1) The thermal processing method generally requires treatment or sintering at a temperature of 500 °Cto1000 °C or higher. It is difficult to use organic or low melting materials to make metal matrix composites. Due to the high sintering temperature, interdiffusion or chemical reaction may occur between the matrix metal and the solid particles contained therein, which tends to change their respective characteristics.
(2) The composite plating layer prepared by composite plating is carried out in an aqueous solution at a temperature generally ranging from 50 ° C to 60 ° C. The high temperature resistant ceramic particles, various organic substances, and easily decomposable substances can be dispersed as insoluble solid particles into the plating layer.
(3) The diffusion and chemical reaction between the matrix metal and the solid particles do not occur, and become a composite film layer of respective characteristics. If diffusion and chemical reactions are required, heat treatment can be performed.
2. Low investment and low cost
It can be used to prepare a composite coating by slightly modifying it on the basis of ordinary electroplating equipment, plating solution, etc. (mainly by increasing the amount of solid particles suspended in the plating solution, etc.).
3. Composite coating composition is diversified
(1) The same matrix metal can be conveniently embedded with one or several solid particles of various properties.
(2) The same kind of solid particles can also be embedded in different matrix metals to make composite coatings of various properties.
(3) Changing the conditions of solid particles and co-deposition, so that the content of the composite coating has a large variation range to adjust the properties of the composite coating.
(4) Gradient function plating is the use of composite plating. The function of the surface of the coating or the bottom layer (the concentration of particles in the two parts is different) can be maximized according to the gradual change of the particle content in the coating with the thickness of the coating.
4. Saving materials
(1) The function of many parts is reflected by the surface of the parts, such as wear resistance, friction reduction, electrical conduction, high temperature oxidation resistance, electrocatalysis, and antibacterial ability.
(2) It is possible to replace some solid materials with certain coatings with special functions, that is, to replace the parts made of precious raw materials by plating the composite coating on the surface of the cheap base material to save material and improve economic efficiency.