- Jun 14, 2018 -
Explanation of common electroplating knowledge in daily life
Fengfan Electroplating International Trading Co., Ltd -Specialist Chemical for Electroplating & Industrial Chemical. Our company has been a leading developer and supplier of chemistries for the metal finishing industry since 1984. nickel plating chemicals, copper plating chemicals, zinc plating. +02785615818/ +02785600855 email@example.com
Mainly engaged in
raw materials, intermediates, additives and equipment for plating
Main principles of electroplating：
Metal coatings with good adhesion but different properties and substrate materials were deposited on mechanical products by electrolytic cell principle. The electroplating layer is uniform and thin, ranging from several microns to several tens of microns. Through electroplating, decorative protective and functional surface layers can be obtained on mechanical products, as well as repair of worn and faulty workpieces.
In addition, according to various plating requirements there are different roles. Examples are as follows:
1. Copper plating: base, improve the adhesion of the plating layer, and corrosion resistance. Copper is easy to oxidize. After oxidation, the copper green will no longer conduct electricity, so copper plating products must be protected by copper
2. Nickel plating: base or appearance to improve corrosion resistance and wear resistance (in which chemical nickel is more than chromium plating in modern technology wear resistance. (note that many electronic products, such as din head N head, no longer use nickel bottom, mainly because nickel is magnetic, which affects passive intermodulation in electrical properties)
3. Gold plating: improve conductive contact impedance, improve signal transmission. (gold is the most stable, but also the most expensive.)
4. Palladium-nickel plating: improved conductive contact impedance, enhanced signal transmission, wear resistance than gold.
5. Tin plating lead: improves weldability and is quickly replaced by other substitutes (most of the changes are due to lead content) For bright tin and foggy tin plating.
6. Silver plating: improve conductive contact impedance, enhance signal transmission. (silver has the best properties, easy to oxidize and conductive after oxidation)